A downloadable game for Windows
Kadent is rhythmic action: strategic positioning, pulsing bullets and beating movements.
Play as a variety of bounty hunters in an ascent to reach the peak.
Dodge and weave through cascading bullets with fluid controls with a wide cast of move-sets and abilities. Layers of progressive depth in simple movements give way for a fast paced combination of musical chess.
- Generated campaign with six decisive boss fights.
- Emergent battles with clashes between a playable roster of five.
- Make or break friendships with deathmatch and tournament mode.
Note: This game contains flashing colours.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is a cool rhythm battle game. The use of different characters with different playstyles was a nice touch. I have 2 criticisms for right now:
1. It doesn't seem like the Marine can recollect the bullets he shoots. The game tells you to recollect them whenever you try to reload, so I thought you just had to reload while standing by one, but it doesn't work. This obviously makes the Marine weaker since this takes away his ability to attack or change up his attack loops and there's a period of time where his bullets are no longer a threat until they loop back.
2. AI Crusaders in Deathmatch become AI Marauders instead.
The look of this game is great but as Tuskat has already said there is a major lack of user feedback. Hopefully after you are finished with the competition it can be included.
Keep making cool stuff!
This game presentation is pretty top notch. I like the concept, but there's little to no feedback on whether you hit or miss the key and I have some real difficulties doing any action at all at some points.
Rythm games usually have "miss, bad, good, great,etc" next to the tempo bar whenever you hit it so you can know how good/poorly you're doing. I think if you add at least a "Hit" and "Miss" with their respective sound it'll make the game much more playable ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
It'd also help if the music had something more pronounced in sync with the bars, otherwise it's a little bit jarring.
I think you can easily fix these and it'd make a big difference for your game ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Hey! Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately I can't make any changes as of the moment because Kadent is a competition entry and doing so would go against the rules. However, I would happily make the changes once the competition ends. Many players have mentioned the lack of feedback on the rhythm system and I can't adjust anything, yet. But thank you for your detailed feedback, it really helps me improve my games!